Sprinkler Saves News

Search Our Site

A fire that broke out at a LG Hausys plant on Monday was determined to be caused by an internal malfunction on a boiler inside the plant. Gordon County Fire and Rescue responded to the plant, located at 310 LG Drive, after calls for a fire were made around 10:30 a.m. on Nov. 23. Upon arrival, firefighters noted smoke showing on the backside of a large manufacturing building.

According to the incident report, maintenance personnel for the facility told fire officials that the area on fire was in a thermal boiler room, and upon further review, officials reported that there was obvious sprinkler activation, which had contained the fire to the area and prevented extension into the main facility.

An apartment fire in Florence was contained early Saturday morning when the built-in sprinkler system activated and extinguished the flames. According to a release from Florence Fire Department Battalion Chief Ken Carr, the fire occurred around 6 a.m. Saturday morning at 2802 Kinloch Court in Somersett Acres.

A fire at Hilton Garden Inn on Thursday was extinguished by the hotel’s sprinkler system by the time firefighters arrived, according to a news release. Firefighters responded to the fire about 4:30 p.m. and found all of the hotel’s tenants evacuated to the parking lot. A room on the third floor caught fire before the sprinklers doused the flames.

Interior sprinklers extinguished a fire in a unit at Laurel Hill Apartments in Port Royal Saturday, likely preventing the fire from spreading, Beaufort Fire Chief Sammy Negron said.

However, damage from the fire, smoke and water forced the four apartment residents out of the unit. The local Red Cross is providing assistance.

Fire crews responded to fire at Copper River restaurant on Boiling Springs Road, Friday morning. The North Spartanburg Fire Department also arrived on to scene and they say the sprinkler system prevented the spread of the fire.

When crews arrived they noticed the fire inside the kitchen-hood system, according to the Boiling Springs Fire Department. The restaurant was not heavily damaged; there was a moderate amount of smoke and water damage, according to fire officials.

Fire crews say the employees had just closed up for the night before the fire was reported and no one was injured. Copper River says they do not expect to be open Friday until dinner time.

Licensed in Multiple States

  - Harvey and Associates

 Fire Alarms:
 SC

 Fire Sprinklers:
 SC, NC, GA

 Fire Pump Controllers:
 SC, NC, GA, TN, AL

 

NICET

We support and encourage NICET certification

Better Business Bureau

 Harvey & Associates, Inc. BBB Business Review