Sprinkler Saves News

Search Our Site

The Wilmington Fire Department was called to the 1000 block of Thomas C Jervay Place Sunday afternoon after receiving a water flow alarm. When firefighters got to the scene just after 1 p.m. they realized an unattended pot of oil had started a kitchen fire.

No one was home when the fire started, but the sprinkler head in the kitchen activated and extinguished the fire.

“This was an example of home sprinklers doing a great job of keeping a fire from destroying the entire property and saving lives, since this was a multifamily apartment building,” said Public Information Officer David Hines in a statement.

He said the fire was contained to the stove top and only caused minor damage to the hood and cabinets. The damage was estimated to have cost around $3,000 for fire, smoke and water damage from the sprinkler activation. No injuries were reported.

Read More on WECT 6

Licensed in Multiple States

  - Harvey and Associates

 Fire Alarms:
 SC

 Fire Sprinklers:
 SC, NC, GA

 Fire Pump Controllers:
 SC, NC, GA, TN, AL

 

NICET

We support and encourage NICET certification

Better Business Bureau

 Harvey & Associates, Inc. BBB Business Review