Sprinkler Saves News

Search Our Site

Fire crews filled the parking lot at a North Knoxville grocery store Monday night after a vent fire in a back bathroom filled the store with smoke. The call came just before 10 p.m. at Kroger, 2217 N. Broadway, in the Broadway Shopping Center. Crews say the fire appeared to have started accidentally in an electrical vent in a back bathroom. The store’s sprinkler did its job and put the fire out.

The store filled with smoke and 20 people were evacuated. Investigators say no one was injured. Knoxville Fire Department spokesman Capt. D.J. Corcoran says fire inspectors were called to the scene to address inventory storage practices as store stock was blocking the cutoff for the sprinkler system.

The store later returned to normal operations.

Read More at WATE.com 6

Licensed in Multiple States

  - Harvey and Associates

 Fire Alarms:
 SC

 Fire Sprinklers:
 SC, NC, GA

 Fire Pump Controllers:
 SC, NC, GA, TN, AL

 

NICET

We support and encourage NICET certification

Better Business Bureau

 Harvey & Associates, Inc. BBB Business Review